Forbes Africa recognised these South Africans as the future in their respective professions.
The Forbes Africa ’30 Under 30′ list has finally been published and it pays homage to the continent’s most innovative and change-making youthful leaders.
Forbes Africa 30 under 30: List is finally unveiled
The list was announced at the annual Forbes Africa Under 30 Meet up that recently took place at the Houghton Hotel in Johannesburg.
This time around, the popular magazine extended the list from the standard 90 to 120 entries, making way for each of the four categories to house 30 names of Africa’s future change-makers.
The categories recognise youth leadership in business, technology, creatives and sport.
Forbes 30 under 30: South Africans that made it to the list:
The list, in all categories, featured 39 South Africans. The likes of BET’s Best New International Act winner, Sho Madjozi, and Springbok captain, Siya Kolisi led the front in their respective categories.
These are the South Africans that were included:
- Bruce Diale — Founder & Managing Director of Brucol Global Development
- Mariam Manack — Founder & Director of iTrain
- Isaac Mbatha — Founder & CEO of Sky Tents SA
- Dorn Ndlovu — Founder & CEO of Entrepreneur Blue Print Africa
- Busisiwe Mkhumbuzi — Co-Founder & Chief Executive of Tshimong
- Kgahlego Rasebotsa — Founder & Director of Interior Bubble
- Lesego Mokae — Co-Founder of Ditsogo Projects
- Theo Baloyi — Founder & CEO of Bathu Swag
- Avthar Aniruth — Founder and Executive Producer of Audience Networks
- Charmaine Mbatha — Co-Founder Millennial Business Administrators
- Shaney Vijendranath — Co-Founder & CEO of Vimage Media
- Caleb Stephen David – Founder & CEO of Versatile Commodity Traders
- Clarence Munyai — Track & Field Athlete
- Luvo Manyonga — Track & Field Athlete
- Wayde Van Nierkerk — Track & Field Athlete
- Chad Le Clos — Swimmer
- Akani Simbine — Track & Field Athlete
- Thembi Kgatlana — Footballer
- Siya Kolisi — Springbok Rugby captain
- Quinton De Kock — Cricketer
- Aphiwe Dyantyi — Rugby player
- Percy Tau — Footballer
- Ruhan Van Rooyen — Paralympic Athlete
- Caster Semenya — Track & Field Athlete
- Kagiso Rabada — Cricketer
- Karabo Poppy Moletsane — Creative Illustrator, Street Artist & Graphic Designer
- Austin Malema — Photographer & CEO of Pixelkollective
- Menzi Mcunu — Founder of the Afrocentric Gentlemvn
- Trevor Stuurman — Photographer and Creative Director
- Aisha Baker — Business Woman, Influencer and Style Icon
- Boitumelo ‘Boity’ Thulo — TV Host, Entrepreneur & Musician
- Thando Thabethe — Actress & Radio DJ
- Rich Mnisi — Fashion Designer
- Sho Madjozi — Musician
- Nthabiseng Mosia — Co-Founder & CMO of Easy Solar
- Nureshka Viranna — Co-Founder & Director of Shopli
- Courtney Bentley — Co-Founder & CEO of Visibility Insight
- Siyabonga Thomas Tiwana and Tyrone Adams — Founders of Skywalk Innovations
- Marnus van Heerden, Matthew Smith and Ndabenhle Ngulube — Founders of Pineapple App
To check out the complete list, click here.